I was lamenting not that long ago that I hadn’t been nominated for the Rockin’ Girl Blogger Award (meme) when of course what do you think happens? I get nominated twice.
I wonder if I can apply the same coincidental forces lamenting about not being pregnant and then getting pregnant with twins…
Hmmmmmm. Yeah, I don’t think so since I’ve been lamenting about that for years and lookie-see, I got nothin.
Aw, shucks, you two. I feel all squishy now.
- I cannot stand to see dirty clothes peeking out of the hamper and will bother to open the lid, flip them gingerly back inside even though I will be emptying it.
- I hate nuts. All kinds and in all manner.
- I can take any song’s lyrics and make it about me or a situation related to me.
- I refuse to run over the toads and field mice when mowing and will wait for them to pass and find safety before continuing.
- All kitchen doors and dresser drawers in my house must be fully closed before I can leave in the morning.
- I have to intentionally prevent myself from having the last word in a conversation.
- I sleep with earplugs every night.
Now here’s where it gets interesting (ha!). I’m supposed to nominate 5 other Rockin’ Girl Bloggers per meme and 7 others for that last one. 17 people I have to nominate.
I saved those of you I have already tagged at one time or another from more torture and eliminated you first. Then I went through my infertility subscriptions and picked five that haven’t been nominated (that I could see) and five with the same criteria from my pregnancy subscriptions.
- Heather (BigP and Me) – Just a sweet gal who has been through several IUIs and is always there with kind words and encouragement.
- Jitters (Relaxing in the Parlor) – Full of vim and vigor and is the scrappy bitch you want next to you in a cat fight. After her third IVF, she’s revving up for an Ethiopian adoption.
- Millie (Out Damned Egg! Out I Say!) – She is so smart and I remember the first time I commented there she replied with a hearty "welcome!". She’s an incredible source for donor embryos and has always been willing to answer my questions.
- Pamplemousse – She is my Scottish Rock and if she tells me it’s all going to be OK, I know it’s all going to be OK. Soon she’ll be heading to Capetown for a donor egg cycle.
- Patience (The Impatient Patient) – Every time I go to Patience’s blog and I see that caricature from the Simpsons, I inwardly hope that Patience at least shaves her legs. She’s real and pulls no punches. Play nice and she may even give you the password to her Sekrits.
- Adrienne (Max’s Mommy) – What can I say about Adrienne besides the fact I believe she’s my good luck charm? No pressure, right? She’s made it to 10 weeks and I think of her every time I see my son’s book, Where the Wild Things Are, on the shelf.
- Catherine (Everything is Under Control) – The posts this woman writes are powerful, intelligent, and from the gut. I never wonder if she censors her emotions regarding God, her stillbirths or her pregnancies. Her baby Myles is due in December.
- Monica (A Pregnancy After A Stillbirth) – She answers the unasked questions quietly but with passion and love. She keeps a beautiful journal on her current pregnancy, due in about a month, as a tribute to her first son, Jimmy.
- Sami (A Cop, A Nurse,
36 Dogs, and Maybe Baby?) – Truly admirable in her persistence and fortitude after facing loss after loss after loss. She doesn’t just keep her wishes to herself; she wishes the best for everyone as I do for her and her son due at the end of September.
- Vanessa (Twisted Ovaries) – Her posts are the dangerous and addictive combination of hilarity and gut-punches. I’m sure if someone told her the middle ground was the easiest, she would laugh and say, "The middle ground is for pussies!" She’s just a couple weeks shy of hitting the final trimester.
The Lucky Seven are from my parenting subscriptions that must complete the Seven Weird Habits and then meme another seven:
- Jess (Life As I Knew It Has Changed) – Outdoors lovin’ Montana Mom to two adorable boys.
- Menita (Life’s Jest-Book) – A beautiful journal going back to 2004 of how her life changed with first a daughter and then a son.
- Ms. Prufrock (Barren Albion) – Queen of Snark. That’s all I can say. Love her and her Princess, both.
- Statia (Not About You) – President of Snark. Yes, there is a difference. The Pres is here in the U.S. and the Queen is overseas. Someday her son will probably impeach her.
- Steph (Lawyer Mama) – Another attorney? You bet. I’m attracted to those smarty pants types, plus it helps that her two boys are pretty dang cute.
- Suz (Within the Woods) – She has one of the most unbelievable pregnancy journey I have ever read. Watching her identical twins grow up before my eyes has been a privilege.
- Well-Heeled Mom (Stiletto) – A true rocker: bikes, tattoos, and bitch-kicking shoes (also living in Montana). Her son who she adopted from Guatemala is destined to be a famous sports figure, he’s just that damned talented.
This should give everyone a chance to read someone new and with interesting and similar stories.
And you pretty freakin read these because that whole elimination thing was a real pain in my ass. This also means that you damn well better complete these memes keeping in mind I won’t tag you again until I’ve hit up everyone.
I may have felt squishy earlier, but now I’m just cranky…again.